Huwebes, Hunyo 9, 2011

Weeks 3 and 4

Well I’m now on to the 5th week crazy I know!!!  But I am still very excited to be here, the start of my third week here I went to the first church service for pastor Al, and discovered that being on time is not a big deAl here.  Pastor told me that church started at 8 and went to 11 so I was there with him at exactly 8 the chairs were All set up and everything. . . but no one was there! 8:30 rolled around and the chapel slowly started to fill about hAlf at this point, then at 8:45 pastor Al’s family comes in!!  just so you know the family is the worship team, so then we start church.  That was a very interesting experience, and the same thing happened the next week, but I was ready for it that time.  I Also help out with children’s church on Sundays where I become a huge jungle gym for the kids, they love to climb All over me, but they love to have me swing them around, which is quite the workout!!
                Being put to work has been great, the locAl people here love to watch me, it is not uncommon or rude to stare at someone, so that is what they do.  Seeming I am a strong person, or at least to some of the people here, they like to see how much I can lift, then they All point and say something I don’t understand, but I just laugh, I know it’s nothing to bad J  but the work of a locAl pastor is just to serve everyone around, in fact pastor Al and I are the locAl lawn mower!!  He is the only one who owns a weed wacker and well I am his helper so I rack everything after him and wheel it away into a big pile.  Seeming everyone else has to work hard to just barely live around here they do not have time to keep maintenance on things around the village, so that is what we do All day. 
                It has been raining a ton here but that only means one thing for pastor Al and I, cooler weather to work in!!  it’s nice but sometimes I wish we could get some sun, cause with no sun I can’t do my other ministry and that is basketbAll!  After I work in the morning tell noon, I will have some lunch take a quick break then it’s up to the gym to hang out with the children or even adults and play around.
                That’s what my days look like for the most part with a few exceptions on some days, like Wednesday I preach, it’s been fun.  Kind of strange seeming I know that hAlf the words I say go right though their heads, they don’t understand English All that well.  So they can only pick up on some parts of my sermons.  But they have been affective, well at least that’s what pastor Al has told me.
                Thanks for the prayers and I will continue to be praying for all of you in your summers, may God bless you and keep you safe!
                                                                                Kevin Foster

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento